Roast Beef for French Dip Sandwiches
Ingredients:Round of Beef, trim if necessary
2 tsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Celeriac Seed
1 tsp Granulated Garlic
1 tsp Granulated Onion
1 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
1 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp Cayenne
- Remove your beef from the package and place in a rack at room temperature about 2 hours before using. If by any chance your beef is a little wet, this time will help the beef dry-out a bit.
- Trim your beef, and slash your beef superficially. Do the slashing in diagonal and then in the other direction to make a crisscross. Turn and repeat on the other side. Rest for at least 1 hour at room temperature
- Prepare your Rub, place all ingredients in a small bowl and combine them.
- Rub your beef with the prepared rub and sit at room temperature for 1 more hour.
- Heat your oven on at 550*F,
- Get ready a sheet pan with a griddle rack, or use a roasting pan with a roasting rack. Place your beef on it, and brush or drizzle with oil.
- When your oven is ready. Place your beef on the lowest rack and cook for 15 minutes, Then lower the heat to 325*F and insert an instant read thermometer from the side of the beef into the middle, set it to 155*F, If doing a tenderloin go with 125*F, If doing a Rump or round go to 130*F.
- Remove from oven when ready and sit for the least 15 minutes, before slicing. If is for sandwich meat, Allow to cool until next day and slice thin.