Bianco Menestrone con Gnocchi e Salsiccia Polpette
1 Tbsp Oil
8 oz Mild Italian Sausage, make small, tiny bite size, balls
½ of a medium Yellow Onion, small diced
Spring of Rosemary and Thyme
2 Bay Leaf
1 Carrot, medium diced
1 Cup Leeks, sliced
4 Tbsp Flour
4 Cups Chicken Stock or Broth
1 Cup Cabbage, Chopped
1 Can Cannellini Beans
1 Cup of Heavy Cream
Corn Starch, (OPTIONAL), as need it
Gnocchi, about ¼ of a recipe.
- Heat a heavy bottom pot, add oil and fry the sausage balls. Cook them all around and reserve the balls on a plate.
- Adding more oil, if need it, Sweat the onions until they get tender. after the first few minutes the herb and bay leaf.
- When the onions are soft, incorporate the carrots and leeks.
- Cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Add the flour and form a rue.
- Add Chicken Stock while mixing to make sure not to make clumps.
- Incorporate the Cabbage and Cannellini Beans.
- Add Heavy Cream and give the soup a last boil and check for thickness.
- Add the gnocchi, right before serving.
- Sprinkle Parmesan and serve.