I wanted to do a easy muffin recipe, to explain the muffin method. This been said; please make this recipe once, the least, specially if you are new to baking Quick Breads. The Muffin Method can also be use to create small loaf pans.
To create a great Muffin that is Soft, Tender and Cake Like Texture,
follow this procedure:
- Turn Oven on, to desire temperature; the best is to go a bit higher on temperature because the leavening agents used for Quick Breads will benefit of this high heat to rise relatively fast.
- Prepare the Pans, or Muffin Molds that you are planning to use. Grease them, use parchment paper liners if possible and grease this ones as well too.
- Measure all dry ingredients and sift them together into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Measure all liquid ingredients together into a bowl. (make sure that any solid fat is melt but cool, Mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Incorporate the liquid ingredients into the dry and mix softly, just until combined. It will look like a lumpy pancake batter. Do not over-mix
- immediately portion the batter into muffin cups or loaf pans. Bake after portioning for around 20 to 25 minutes, depending on what you are doing.
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Granulated White Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
3 Tblsp Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Oil
1 Egg, room temperature
2 large ripen bananas,mushed with a fork.
Well, I hope you give this method a try!!! and after that try new ingredients.
A Note, Baking Soda will need to be replace if you do not have a sour ingredient in your recipe.