Pizza Dough, From On Cooking a Text of Culinary Fundamentals
This Recipe is easy and great for a person starting to make Yeast breads, it is easy and fast. Make it for dinner, stop ordering pizza, specially if you have the time !!!
6 oz warm water (no more than 110*F)
1 Tablespoon Active Dry Yeast
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 tablespoon honey
14 oz flour
- Scale by weight or measure all ingredients.
- Place all the ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Mix together until the dough forms into a ball, after change the attachment to the hook and knead for 5 minutes, or knead by hand for about 10 or until gluten is developed.
- Grease a bowl and place the dough, brush lightly with oil. Cover with plastic and place in a proofing oven or a warm place until double in size.
- When doubled, punch down. After round the dough into a ball and bench for a few minutes. After gluten is relax, using a rolling pin shape the dough into a disc.
- Let dough rest and use with your favorite pizza sauce and toppings.
- Heat oven at 400*F
- Bake until crust is cooked and cheese is melted and have some color on top.
Things to know:
- If you like a thicker pizza bread, just shape your pizza, place in your pizza stone or pan and pock little holes and allow dough to rise a bit, then proceed with saucing and toppings.